When You share information with Us, We are able to make Our Services even better. As You use Our Services, We want You to be clear on how We are using information and the ways in which You can protect Your privacy.
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”);
- Rule 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”); and
- Rule 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- What information We collect;
- How We collect and use that information;
- How You can provide information selectively, and how You can access and update this information; and
- How We process, share and protect Your information.
Information Collected and Method of Collection
We collect the following types of information about You, through Our Website: Demographic Information, Behavioural Information, and Indirect Information, (as defined below, and collectively, “Information”).
Additionally, We also collect Personal Information (as defined below) from You.
We may collect from You, information which is not unique to You and refers to selected population characteristics (“Demographic Information”) including age, gender, location and occupation.
We may also collect information about how You use the Website and information about Your electronic device and software that You use to access the Website, including usage statistics, traffic data, Your IP address, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times, and locations (“Behavioural Information”).
Your use of certain third party services on the Website also requires Us to collect such information as is considered necessary for that purpose (“Indirect Information”).
While We may collect Demographic Information, Behavioural Information and Indirect Information when You access or use Our Website, We only collect Personal Information from You, when You choose to use or avail of Our Services.
Additionally, If You like any Content or Our Website, or comment on Our Website, using Your account on any social media Website, We may collect Your user ID or user name and any other information You have permitted the social media Website to share with Us specifically or any other third party. You also consent to Us collecting information You have made publicly available through the social media Website.
In order to avail of or use Our Services, You are required to provide Us with Your personal information, including but not limited to: Your name; mobile number; and email address (collectively, “Personal Information”). You are required to provide Your name and email address when You submit any User Materials on the Website. Further, We receive Your phone number when You Whatsapp Us or any other number specified by Us.
The IT Act and the SPDI Rules regulate the collection, usage, retention and disclosure of personal information, which is defined under the SPDI Rules as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPDI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” (“SPDI”) of a person as personal information about that person relating to:
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- Pphysical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to the body corporate for providing services; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
In the event of a change in the law applicable to data protection in India, You hereby expressly consent to Our continued use, storage, collection and disclosure of Your Information including Personal Information to the fullest extent permitted under such applicable law. We may reach out to You for obtaining additional consents and approvals as required under the amended law and You will be required to comply with such requests. Should You choose to not provide Us with such additional consents and approvals, We may have to discontinue provision of Our Services to You.
You may choose to not provide Us with or withdraw any or all information included under Personal Information, but in the event that You do so, We will be unable to provide You with Our Services.
Separately, You understand and acknowledge that search engines such as google.com and others, not affiliated with JTPL, may archive or otherwise make available information posted on the Website.
Use of Information
We use Your Information for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve the Website in order to foster a positive User experience and to improve Our business as a whole;
- Analysing data, tracking trends, building algorithms, creating databases for rating systems, recommendations engines, etc.;
- For non-targeting reasons such as frequency capping, compliance, billing, ad reporting or delivery, market research or product development purposes;
- To conduct audits and quality assessment procedures; and
- To analyse the use of Our resources, troubleshooting problems and improving Our Services, by using the information regarding Your electronic device and software.
In addition to the above, We also use Your Information and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide Our Services to You;
- To comply with applicable law;
- Contacting Users for offering new products or services;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of Our terms, or as otherwise required by law;
- To respond to any queries that You may have, and to communicate information to You, including notifications of any promotions or alerts, any updates to the Website, or the introduction of any future fees or charges that We may collect at the time for the provision of Our Services to You; and
- To contact You from time to time to record Your valuable feedback on Our Services, as they currently stand, and/or any potential Services that may be offered in the future;
(Collectively, the above constitute “the Purposes”).
If You wish to opt out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding the Services, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We disclose Your Information including Personal Information, as the case may be to third parties in the manner specified below:
- Disclosing Your Information and Personal Information to companies and individuals who are authorised by Us to perform certain functions;
- We may share Your Information and Personal Information with Our partners, affiliates, investors, stakeholders or potential associates in an anonymized and aggregate manner, so that they too may understand how Users use Our Website, and enable Us to create a better overall experience for You;
- We also share aggregated anonymous information about Users with Our clients, partners, other Website Users, and other third parties so that they may be aware of the nature and number of Users using the Website, in order for them to be able to serve advertisements and other kinds of marketing information that may be relevant for You on Our Website;
- We may disclose and transfer Your Information and Personal Information to a third party who acquires, or may potentially acquire, Our business, whether such acquisition is by way of a merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of Our assets;
- We may transfer Information and Personal Information to a third party, including persons outside India, to improve the Services; and
- We will disclose Your Information and Personal Information if legally required to do so, pursuant to an order from a governmental entity or in good faith. We will disclose the Information to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- Protect Our rights or property or Our affiliated companies;
- Prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- Protect the personal safety of Users or the public.
Such third parties may include:
- Our associates, affiliates or related entities; and
- Any of Our agents, contractors or third party service providers that process or will be processing Your Information, and relevant Personal Information on Our behalf, including but not limited to those which provide administrative, information technology or other services to Us such as mailing houses, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres.
Subject to applicable law, We may at Our sole discretion, transfer Personal Information to any other body corporate (as defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000) that may or may not ensure the same level of data protection as is provided by Us under the terms hereof, located in India or any other country. By using the Website, You accept the terms hereof and You hereby consent to the storage and processing of Personal Information in any of the above locations.
Third Party Links
The Website may include hyperlinks to various external websites or Websites, which may require You to disclose Your Information (“Third Party Links”). You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of Your information by any external sites, applications, companies or persons thereof.
You further acknowledge and agree that We are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by You as a result of the collection and/or disclosure of Your information via Third Party Links, as a result of any reliance placed by You on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products services, or other materials on, or available via such Third Party Links. This will include all transactions, and information transmitted therein, between You and any such third party sites or applications or resources, such transactions are strictly bi-partite. We shall not be liable for any disputes arising from or in connection with such transactions between You and the aforementioned third parties.
Changes to Your Information
You may review, correct, update, or change Your Personal Information on the Website by emailing Us at [●] with such a request, and We will comply with such requests within a reasonable time, unless We are required to keep certain information for complying with applicable law.
We reserve the right to verify and authenticate Your identity and Your Personal Information in order to ensure accurate delivery of Services. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of Your Personal Information may be denied or limited by Us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or is not otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Security of Your Information
We endeavour to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to protect Your Information against loss, misuse, copying, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure.
However, We shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond Our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User, etc.
Retention of Information
We will also put in place measures such that Your Personal Information, which is in Our possession or under Our control, is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the Purpose for which that Personal Information was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Information; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other reason.
After a period of time, Your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by Us as long as necessary for Us to provide Our Services effectively.
Please note that Your withdrawal of consent may result in Us not being able to provide You with Our Services, or obligate Us to terminate any existing relationship that We may have with You.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
You agree and undertake to indemnify Us in any suit or dispute by any third party arising out of disclosure of information by You to third parties either through Our Website or otherwise and Your use and access of websites, applications and resources of third parties. We assume no liability for any actions of third parties with regard to Your Information or Personal Information which You may have disclosed to such third parties.
Grievance Officer and contact information
In accordance with the IT Act and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
You may write to him/her at the following address: email@example.com